9800 SE 92nd Avenue • Happy Valley • OR • 97086 • (503) 788-7000
Sunday Service: 9:00 a.m. In-person and Livestream
Who we are
Contact / Directions
What's the Big Idea?
When God Seems Unfair
Enjoy People Team
Elder on Duty
Connect through Groups
Someone to talk to
Preschool Position Open
Online Preschool Registration
renewal - ONLINE MINISTRY VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
Indicates required field
Today's Date (MM/DD/YYYY)
Other names you have gone by (i.e. maiden, alias, legal name changes, etc.). If not applicable, mark NA
Please list any and all names you have used in the past, including before, during and after marriage, names used for protection, or any legal name changes,
OR Driver's License
OR Driver's License Number (for Background Check. Put N/A for out-of-state or no license)
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
Present Mailing Address
Has your address changed since you last filled out a volunteer application?
volunteer positions where you wish to serve/are serving
Areas in which you want to serve or are currently serving
Criminal History Disclosure
Have you at any time ever (check any that apply):
Been convicted of or pleaded guilty or no contest to a criminal offense of any kind?
Participated in, or been accused, convicted or pleaded guilty or no contest to abuse or any sexual misconduct?
Been arrested for any reason?
Been asked to leave a church or a ministry for any reason?
None of the above.
Are you aware of (check either that apply):
Having any traits or tendencies that could pose any threat to children, youth, disabled adults or others?
Any reason why you should not work with children, youth, or others.
If you have checked any of these items (except None or No) to the left, please explain in detail:
Ministry Protection Affirmation
Please read the Ministry Protection Policy (button at bottom) and then affirm that you understand and will follow each part of the policy with your initials. (If you will not be working directly with children, please
initial that you understand our policy and agree with it.)
1. We will have a minimum of two approved adults (one must be over 21) at all functions for children, youth or disabled adults. The maximum ratio of child to adult is 10:1.
2. Children in 4th grade and below must only be released to a parent or guardian.
3. Public access bathrooms for 4th grade and below will utilize an approved adult as a monitor. If assistance is required, an approved adult will lead the child to the nursery where other approved adults are also present.
4. We never physically discipline anyone. Restraint is only used when harm or damage would occur. Abusive speech is never acceptable.
5. We avoid any appearance of impropriety – such as sitting older children on laps, kissing, back rubs, full hugs, etc. Never touch a person’s private area except when necessary, as in the case of changing a diaper.
6. One on one meetings are always in public places with the full approval and knowledge of parents prior to the meeting.
7. We immediately report suspected or known abuse to the state authorities and our ministry supervisor. This includes behavior that just doesn’t feel right. If you are unsure, ask. If we see abuse, we intervene to stop it. We don’t talk to others in the church or in the community about these details so that investigations are not compromised.
8. We report any violations of this policy to our ministry supervisor as soon as possible.
9. I have read, agree to, and will abide by the BSLC Child Protection Policy.
Authorization and Release
I recognize that Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church, to which this application is being submitted, is relying on the accuracy of the information contained herein. I attest and affirm that all of the information that I have provided is absolutely true, correct and complete.
I authorize Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church to contact any person or entity listed in this application, and I further authorize any such person or entity to provide Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church with information, opinions, and impressions relating to my background or qualifications.
I voluntarily release Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church and any such person or entity listed herein from liability involving the communication of information relating to my background or qualifications. I further authorize Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church to conduct a criminal background investigation, if needed.
I have read BSLC’s Ministry Protection Policy. I understand that it provides policies and procedures for the prevention of sexual misconduct within BSLC ministry programs. I understand that these policies and procedures apply both on and offsite for any and all ministry programs, activities and/or events sponsored by or connected with Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church. I have read and will comply with the policy and standards that have been established.
E-Signature (Full name & DOB mm/dd/yyyy)
Parent/guardian E-Signature (Full name & DOB) if applicant is a minor:
If you do not see the below message after you click the SUBMIT button, there is at least one field that has been left blank. As you scroll up, you will see which field(s) need to be filled in as the box(es) will be outlined in red. You MUST see this message or your application has not yet been submitted.
Submit Volunteer Application
link to ministry protection policy
© 2014-2015 Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church